Richard is an interaction designer, immersive prototyper, and game designer in Facebook’s Social VR team. He graduated from the University of Southern California’s School of Cinematic Arts with an MFA in Interactive Media. After his time at USC he joined Oculus VR and Facebook, designing and building prototypes of immersive user interfaces and interactions, leading to his contributions to Samsung’s Gear VR onboarding experience, the Oculus Rift and Touch hardware and software experiences, and the Rift store and launcher application, and Facebook Spaces.
Immersive Design for VR Storytelling
6 hrs Workshop (Full Day hands on) | Category: Experiences for Emergent Tech | Target Audience: Anyone interested in understanding the fundamental principles of designing for immersive media. Designers, UX professionals, PMs, etc.
Virtual Reality (VR) is becoming a popular tool for telling stories, and now you have the chance to experience it firsthand! Join the Facebook Social VR team for this exclusive workshop where you will learn the principles of immersive storytelling and build your own story in VR.
Three key takeaways:
- Learn fundamental principles of immersive storytelling.
- Learn step-by-step methodology on how to approach crafting a story for immersive media.
- Get hands-on experience and create your own story in VR.
Rough outline of your workshop:
- Demos of Facebook Spaces and how to use Oculus Rift.
- Intro to Immersive Storytelling presentation.
- Designing Facebook Spaces use case study.
- Add existing 360 video or learn how to record your own 360 video to include in your story.
- Step by step hands-on exercise to build a storyline for immersive media (in groups).
- Stage and record your story on Oculus Rift.
- Go home with an immersive story that you have crafted yourself and can show to your friends & family.
Also check Co-presenter’s details